Mapletree farm is a joint effort by Ex Infosys Founder and CEO Shri Shibulal, Smt. Kumari Shibulal, Ex OnMobile Founder and CEO Shri Mouli Raman and Ex Founder of Hillview Organics, California and Organic Farming Teacher Shri Shankar Venkataraman who has 10 years experience in deep organic farming.
• Bring authentic, transparent, dependable, organic food to
• Train, educate and employ young men and women who are from villages and from cities and interested in Farming.
• Build a State of the Art farm which combines Eastern and Western methods of deep organic farming practices using zero chemical fertilizers and pesticides.
• Train Bangalore residents and gardeners to do their hobby better and help their dream to do farming come true.
• To create social impact through visits to mapletree farms and give invited talks regarding organic farming.
WE PLEDGE THAT IN OUR FARMING, PROCESSING, AND MARKETING WE WILL:
• Build and maintain healthy soils by applying farming practices that include rotating crops annually, using compost, cover crops, green manures, and reducing tillage.
• Serve the health of soil, people and nature by rejecting the use of synthetic insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, and fertilizers.
• Reject the use of GMOs, chemically treated seeds, synthetic toxic materials, irradiation, and sewage sludge in our farming, and all synthetic substances in post-harvest handling.
• Treat livestock humanely by providing pasture for ruminants, access to outdoors and fresh air for all livestock, banning cruel alterations, and using no hormones, GMOs or antibiotics in feed.
• Support agricultural markets and infrastructures that enable small farms to thrive.
• Conserve natural resources including the atmosphere and climate, by reducing erosion and pollution of air, soil and water through responsible farming practices.
• Maximize the nutritional value of food and feed by practicing careful post-harvest handling.
• Practice minimal processing for all food products to preserve the natural nutritional value of food: NO use of irradiation, ultra-pasteurization, excessive heat, synthetic preservatives, or GMO processing agents or additives and include all ingredients on labels.
• Ensure food safety by using potable water for washing crops.
• Reduce the ecological footprint of farms and homes by limiting energy use and converting to renewable sources of energy.
• Reduce food miles by selling produce locally and regionally.
• Create beneficial habitat for wildlife and encourage biodiversity.
• Help preserve farmland.
• Share and develop farming skills and know-how.
• Use ethical business practices.
• Pay a living wage to all farm workers and acknowledge their freedom of association and their right to collective bargaining.
• Treat family members and farm workers with respect, and ensure their safety on the farm.
• Work in cooperation with other farmers and with the neighboring community to create a more sustainable way of life.
• Encourage the distribution of unsold but edible food to people who need it.
• Sustain the land in healthy condition for future generations.